I like my books like my coffee : Hot and Dark.

My reviews might contain heavy spoilers! Read at your very own risk.

2015/12/23







Homeless. Hungry. Desperate.

Doe has no memories of who she is or where she comes from.

A notorious career criminal just released from prison, King is someone you don’t want to cross unless you’re prepared to pay him back in blood, sweat, pu$$y or a combination of all three.

King’s future hangs in the balance. Doe’s is written in her past. When they come crashing together, they will have to learn that sometimes in order to hold on, you have to first let go. 


There is no secret that Frazier's The Dark Light of Day is one of my all time favorite book. And I proudly own it in my bookcase!
But the post that I'm about to write about King  might not be what most of you expected to read.

I mean...

my exact reaction while reading through the entire book.

King is not your average asshole. The asshole that every good girl would fall for. King is a freaking moron. Now put that gun away, I'm not finished yet. In fact I'm just getting started.

This is one of those rare book that makes me hate the  guy and love the girl. The more I read about King, the more I  dislike him. 
 I'll get right to the point and make a scheme out of the whole thing

The main characters

Doe

"We met on the night I decided to sell myself for a hot meal and a place to sleep. I was about to suck on this guy's d**k when he realized that I was being skittish about it and threw me out [...] . he brought me back to his house for a bath and a conversation about how I was now his possession and didn't have a choice about it. "

I really, really felt sorry for this girl.

King 

"I had the overwhelming urge to wrap my hands around her throat and strangle her. Better yet I wanted to unravel one of the belts and tighten it around her neck."

Their love story

King : Shut up.
Doe : But...
King : Shut up !
Doe : ...but...
King : SHUT THE FUCK UP !

***
King : You are mine ! Mine ! MINE ! You are gonna go there. You are gonna have the tattoo I designed for you.  Shut the hell up! You do what I say ! You eat now! You! Go to bed ! Now! SHUT THE FUCK UP ! Did I mentioned  yet that you belong to me? Just reminding you.

That possessiveness of his makes him sounds like a freaking psychopath.  In a non sexy way.


King's trustworthy friends

Bear
I don't even...want to read his story . I already hate him.
He first calls King and warns him about how his father is so pissed off and how he  is on King's tail. He advises King to move town, go hide for a while, whatever. The next thing you know he invites King at a party and tells him that his father wants to shake hands with him.


And King , being the idiot that he is ,  went straight into the lion's mouth.

It isn't enough that you took plain stupid decisions  twice, you have to do it the 3rd time. Just to make sure. 
King knew all along who Doe was, but he  decided to just have a little fun before she got "broken" and he decided to get rid of her. And a trade is planned.
And , oh the glorious ending! 
Yeah, the ending  was epic and King deserved it all the way   Karma is a bitch and will  come and slap you across your face when you are being plain stupid.  









0 Comments:

Trimiteți un comentariu

Follow on Twitter

Popular Posts

Search on blog

Un produs Blogger.

WARNING !

REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS POSTED HERE MIGHT CONTAIN (HEAVY) SPOILERS ! READ AT YOUR VERY OWN RISK !